Friday, September 7, 2007

Somethings is not quite right on the operating table

I know secrets from both sides. The nurses side and the doctors' side. How do I manage this. I talk to my wife, who happens to be a doctor. I thought I knew all the secrets there are to know about what goes on in hospitals, but my wife proved me wrong.

There was too much laughter and hilarity going on in the surgeons common. It wasn't the usual banter between doc's, nor the normal flirting with the nurses or talk about what went on at the weekend. No, this jocularity had a barely perceptible inane quality. My wife said it had been like this for the whole year she had been there, although she steadfastly denies becoming involved.

Management must have been hearing rumors of the goings on of the surgeons common room because they decided to do something about it, and so in came the breathilizers. Yep, the doc's were drinking too much vodka between operations. My wife said that some of the guys got quite more than a touch of the merry side, then went off to slice people open. Fortunately this intervention worked and the hospital now has sober surgeons again.

No comments: