Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wandering Hands

It's the only fun Mr Smith ever has. He spends all his time on bed because he was ordered to by the doctor. He was leg ulcers that he has just had grafted, so he'll be in bed for quite a while. The last time he was admitted, he didn't get off his bed for one whole month.

When we need to roll Mr Smith, for a bedpan or to wash his back, Sheryl usually makes me take the top half. Mr Smith says I'm not as good at Sheryl when rolling him, but that's because I'm a man and my buttocks isn't as soft as Sheryl's. I guess that's why his hands only ever wander to Sheryl's butt, and not mine.

Sheryl handles him well. "Stop being a dirty old man" she says only half playfully as she shifts his hands a little higher. "I've got parkinson's you know" Mr Smith says this every time in response to Sheryl. The tremor in his hands always suddenly gets worse when he says this. Sheryl isn't bothered by his actions, she is amused. I haven't had any patients try to grope me, and I hope it stays that way.

No comments: