Thursday, January 14, 2010

Desperation setting in.

Three years and thousands of hours later, and no one wants to publish my book.
The book consists of 300 hundred pages of hilarious, shocking, and sometimes disturbing content from my experiences working in different medical settings in three different countries.

I guess no-one is interested in this topic, although it's a shame because similar books that have been published in the past have all been best-sellers. I have considered the possibility that publishers just print the words 'best-seller' on all their books just to push up sales.

What's even more frustrating is that the last publisher to turn me down said my work was 'well written' and 'very entertaining'. His reason for turning it down was that the company had never published a book of this genre before and with the current economic climate they weren't willing to take a risk with a new author in an untested area.

I phoned him up to ask if what he wrote were true. 'I don't make claims I don't mean' were the publishers words. I was rather heartened by those words. He then went on to advise me to contact bigger publishers as he felt sure someone would take on my work.

Hasn't happened yet. Still trying, but getting desperate.

No comments: