Thursday, January 28, 2010

Product of your nation

"Please sir, please excuse me" begged Monsab the Arab.
"But you look so healthy and well, I can't excuse you. I would be doing you an injustice if I did" I replied.
"But sir, I..." Monsab paused briefly to think of a symptom "I've got a sore stomach. I don't feel well at all" explained Monsab. But I wasn't feeling generous. I was feeling vindictive. Besides, it was a gorgrous day outside and Monsab could do with some fresh air. "No more begging Monsab. I won't excuse you. Now go." Monsab just stood there unmoving "But please sir, I'll pay you. How much do you want?" Monsab pulled out his wallet.

If only the kids put this much effort into something positive, they could make something out of their lives.

"I'll give you three seconds to go, then it's a Friday night restriction." Monsab left the clinic, but not before telling me I was cruel and uncaring.

Patient 2
"Please sir, please excuse me. Go on sir, give me a break, just this once" pleaded Naif the Arab. "But you're not sick. Being tired isn't an illness. Besides, the fresh air will do you good." It took five minutes to remove Naif from the clinic.

I saw twenty more Arabs that day. All begging, bribing, calling mums and dads, but I stayed firm. I was a bastard. I made them all go skiing.

That's a typical ski day in the health center. But I must be fair, the Arabs aren't the only ones I'm cruel to. I make everyone go skiing.

No comments: