Tuesday, February 2, 2010

help me understand

Miss Wright is a laywer, an American lawyer. She had a breast cancer scare a while back. Now no one will insure her.

Mr Obama wants everyone to have healthcare, not just the poor, but even a wealthy lawyer like Miss Wright.

Can someone explain why so many Americans are against public healthcare. There will still be the private option of 'elite' care that only money can buy, but what surprises me is that some people without insurance don't want public healthcare.

1 comment:

Cartoon Characters said...

I agree with you. It boggles my mind. All i can think of is that people are very selfish and they think that it is more important to keep the little bit of money it would take to ensure that everyone is taken care of....personally, I don't mind the extra tax to see that everyone is cared for and that no one is denied healthcare, and that in my old age I won't lose my house and all my money and go into the hole.....thank goodness I live in Canada.... and so is my American husband who lives here with me!
Love your blog by the way!